Holiday Treats Anyone?
I don’t know about you but I’m on a hunt for delicious baked goods this holiday season. I remember when I was younger, I would find myself reaching into a jar of gingerbread cookies or stuffing my face with the puffiest pastry puffs. Although I personally can’t bake these delicious treats, I can still relive my memories. How you may ask?
I had the opportunity to connect and collaborate with two fabulous sisters who are absolute foodies. Alicia Chea and her sister created their food blog cheaeats.ca and a picture perfect Instagram feed @cheaeats featuring recipes and bakeries across Toronto. In case you find yourself in a similar situation as me, don’t sweat it. Just check out their feed, bake or even grab a delicious treat (or two).
Here some holiday goodies that will make you swoon and stock up until Christmas day!
Peppermint Hot Chocolate | Home Made Recipe
Every year around December, we love to have a cozy beverage that really sets the mood and gets us in the holiday spirit. We love to take simple drinks and try to find a healthy alternative to making it. Using oat milk allows the drink to keep its creamy texture but making it dairy-free, and using honey as a healthier sugar alternative.
This drink is perfect for a snowy day-in, lounging on the couch next to your Christmas tree! We love to pair it with some gingerbread cookies and some holiday treats.
● 3 cups of unsweetened oat milk
● 1 tbsp. of cocoa powder
● 2 tsp of raw honey
● 1 tsp of hot water
● 1⁄4 tsp of peppermint extract
● Peppermint candy cane (optional)
1. In a small bowl or cup, dilute raw honey with the hot water until it turns into a simple syrup. Add the cocoa powder in and mix until you get a chocolate “paste”.
2. Add the oat milk into a small saucepan to warm up over medium low heat. Do not bring to a boil.
3. After two minutes, add in the chocolate paste and whisk over medium-low heat until
warmed through. Add in the peppermint extract.
4. Once the paste dissolves into the milk, your drink is ready to be transferred into a cute
5. Top with a peppermint candy cane or any topping of your choice. Enjoy!
These cream puffs are the perfect addition to your daily cup of coffee (or tea). The cream isn’t too sweet and the pastry itself is delicious! Not to mention there are so many flavours to choose from, coffee, chocolate, vanilla, white rabbit and more! Head over to iancakery today to grab your assortment of delicious treats today.
This place is WORTH the drive, especially if you’ve never tried Korean styled macarons. Not only is there an assortment macarons from blueberry cheesecake to earl grey but each bite is filled with a burst of flavour. They also offer free delivery for orders over $50 (in case you decided to stay in today). Head over to their page and check out their holiday themed macarons available today!
The Chea Sisters
cheaeats.ca was created in 2015 by two sisters simply because of their love for food and eating. Based in Toronto, Ontario, cheaeats is a blog that aims to share their food adventures.
cheaeats focuses on two areas:
1. Cooking and sharing homemade receipes of a variety of differnt cuisines
2. Travel and reviews of a variety of cuisines and restaurants located in the Greater Toronto Area